Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Awesome: Turk's West Offers Like 8 Different Espressos at Any Time

Order an espresso at Turk's West and you'll now have a choice of roasts. There are actually 8 if I recall correctly, and they range in price from $3.00 to $3.60 for a double (but I should really stop drinking doubles). This seems to me a pretty ambitious thing to do: Even in Vancouver, where espresso-drinkers are relatively plentiful, it's easy to imagine opening a bag for one cup of a particular roast and not selling any more of it for a week. Maybe that's why it's $3.00.

The roasts are different enough that I can distinguish them with sugar and there aren't any particularly unpleasant ones that I'm aware of.

They also have retarded slogans for each roast, like, (for a roast called Miscela Royal), "Hail the prince!"

I haven't written about Turk's before, so if you only drink coffee at places I've mentioned (this applies to you, no one), I'm sorry for denying you this. Turk's west is only open during the day and it's much too trendy to be an enjoyable place to lounge, but the coffee is good. Milano patriarch Brian Turko cares immensely about his work and he'll be happy to tell you about it for 20 minutes if you ask him.

Update: There are exactly 8.

No comments: